Wedding Venue - Top 10 questions to ask
Now that you are engaged, booking a wedding venue is one of the most important decisions you will make on the lead up to your big day.
Wedding venues mean different things for different couples. Some couples may just need a reception space for others it may be for both ceremony and reception.
Spaces themselves will differ; Hotels, churches, Barns, registry offices, these are just a few examples.
I have put together 10 questions which i found really important when i got married last year and it really helped me choose the right venue and put my mind at ease.
1. What is the availability around our ideal dates?
2. What is the venue capacity? (ie Number of guests for ceremony and sit down meal & reception)
3. Do you offer packages, what exactly is included? (ie catering, decorations, evening DJ)
4. Is there any flexibility in taking elements from different packages?
5. Do you provide a wedding coordinator? (It's great to have a point of contact throughout for any updates or questions you may have)
6. Who will be running things on the day?
7. What are the turnaround times (if we’re using the same space twice for ceremony/dinner/dancing?)
8. Can we block book rooms for our guests?
9. What are the terms of payment/when do we need to pay? (I paid instalments over 12 months which the hotel offered to us)
10. Do you have wedding open days so we can see the room set up as it would be on the wedding day? (I found this really useful myself as i was going for the gold package which was middle of the road but after seeing the venue all set up for the Platinum I paid the extra £300 as it made the room look that little but more extravagant)
I really hope you have found these questions helpful and Good Luck in finding the right venue for you!